Friday 19 February 2010

True Romance

Oh I’m so bad at this.

I’ve said before how when I’ve got something to say I 'aint got time to write and when I’ve got time I ‘aint got nuttin to say.

Well, blimey have I been busy!!!

That crazy man MacDonald has turned me into a bloody race organiser. Before I had the chance to make my usual excuses I had been convinced about how great an idea it was. So come the 17th of July I’ll bee standing at Partick Railway Station poised to shout “GO!”

The Clyde Stride has taken over my life in the last couple of months, but I am loving it. Weekends spent reccying the route and trying to prevent the Pirate from getting lost. Quality!!

The funniest thing to happen recently is Jon Steele asking for me to help Mike Mason man a checkpoint on the Hardmoors 55 on March 20th. OMG can you imagine it? the pair of us shacked up together for hours with poor unsuspecting runners to abuse. I better be on my best behaviour though. I hear he a bit of a face in the Essex underworld :-}

So it was Valentines Day this week. Awwwww how romantic? Gorg red roses (which cost a fortune, or so I’m told) and a lovely dinner .Yeah but before that I was dragged round a mud bath of an 8 mile run, just for fun.

I never used to “do” Valentines. Maybe I had the right idea.



No comments: