Thursday 7 October 2010

Ultra Road Trip

I’m not a complicated person. I don’t need 5 star luxury, first class travel and eiderdown duvets. This summer I have spent my time mostly helping out at races, going to gigs and camping.
All good as far as I’m concerned. Hannah, my wee girl has gotten into the habit of asking ‘what race are we at this weekend Mum?’ She’s a dab hand at the old marshalling lark.

This year the Mac Pirates have been well travelled.
Yorkshire for the Hardmoors in March. ½ of the WHW for the Fling. Glenshee for Cateran in May. ¾ of the WHW in June. The Clyde Walk Way (umpteen times!!) in July for my race the Clyde Stride. A weekend at home for the Round Strathaven 50 in August. RAW & a 2nd Hardmoors in September. Phew! what a season. It’s been fantastic, sharing the highs and low’s, successes and otherwise with an amazing bunch of people.

I thought that was it ‘til the Run with the Wind 10k in November. I’m off on holiday for a week from tomorrow. I have dreams of long walks, long lunches and long lies. I didn’t however account for Richie C running Caesar’s Camp this weekend and as it is only ½ hour away from our Southern abode it would be rude not to go along and cheer him on.

We can’t hang around too long though, as the Pirate and I are off to see Mumford and Sons at the Apollo. Living 400 miles apart aint much fun, in fact it’s a bloody nightmare. However the one thing going for it is when gigs are sold out in Glasgow we have an alternative :)

So far this year we’ve seen Caitlin Rose twice, The Airborne Toxic Event and a couple more to come.

I would like to think that a wee rest is in order. But already I’ve been ‘volunteered’ to start the year as we mean to go on. Jon Steele is hosting an ultra on New Years day. Does he not know I’m Scottish?


Me, Jon Steele and Mike Mason at HM55


The Striders Massive at the Fling. 4 Relay teams and counting.


Karens Cateran Trail Race. The usual suspects less a certain Pirate.


Team Waterman at the WHWR.


Tarholm Bridge RAW 2010.

I am now technically not ‘Mrs’ anything but Ms. Mac doesn’t seem to work the same so Mrs Mac I will remain.

7 comments:

The Sunday Adventure Club said...

looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday. I think you've been to every ultra i've done this year except UTMB and we know what happened there!

Anonymous said...

Cracking 'season' Mrs Mac. Your mantlepiece should be groaning under the weight of all the crystal goblets, medals, race t-shirts etc you richly deserve for your commitment to the cause!

btw Is that quilt to celebrate Mason's 70th birthday? ;-)

MtM

John Kynaston said...

Thanks for all your support and marshalling throughout the year.

You go far beyond the call of duty!

Davie said...

Howzabout MizMac?

Lee Maclean said...

I had a science teacher once. Miz Campbell was her name. Lovely woman, torn to shreds by the 2nd years. The double of the Karen Dunbar character.

So no, it wont be Miz....for me :)

Debs M-C said...

What about Misses Mac?

Anonymous said...

Lee, thank you so much for arranging the Clyde Stride this year. You don't know how much this race has meant to me.

The tea and tablet were enjoyed by all!

Richard