Monday 10 January 2011

Wheels Fell Off

I tried, honestly I tried really hard. Some night’s at 11.55pm I got out the door. In all that horrible icy, snowy mayhem we had, I still managed my 25 minutes or three miles. I was proud of ditching lunch to run on the Clyde Walk Way, much to the amusement of my colleagues. I was a proper smug runner type.

Then it happened the bloody wheels came off good and proper. It was Christmas Day…..oh I ran on Christmas Day but the Pirate surprised the living daylights outta me by proposing as we stood taking pictures of a rather pretty waterfall. To say I’m chuffed to bits is a huge understatement. I’m thrilled, delighted, cock a hoop, the list goes on. I still sit and look at the rather beautiful sparkly ring on my finger (which he picked all by himself btw) as smile contentedly. Folk are getting a bit bored of me asking if “they’ve seen what I got for my Christmas?”

The upshot being Marcothon was an epic FAIL. ¾’s isn’t too bad but I really wanted to do it. We had to drive back to London on Boxing Day, then himself and the wean were ill with the lurgy so it was nursmaid 1 Marcothon nil. I’ll just need to get my finger out and sign up for some other crazy challenge.

Any suggestions?


I’m busy sorting out this years Clyde Stride, which has recently achieved Qualifying Event status for the UTMB. Entries are coming in, daily emails and phone calls keeping me on my toes. Looks like I’ve lost my co-pilot as a certain hide and seek champ has been promised a place and I returned the favour by appointing a sweeper :)

Well done to everyone who completed Marcothon and all those who have set their goals and targets for 2011.
Me? I’ve a goal to get back to Skye this summer. Spend some time on the WHW and try and run a bit more.

Did you see what I got for my Christmas?

Mrs Mac xx


No comments: