Tuesday 14 October 2008

Do something that scares you......

So, I've said before that to be a marshall or whatever there is no real need for actual running but I do try sometimes. Just to stave off the madness you understand.

This week though has been a bit rubbish and its only Tuesday.

Friday was a bit of a crazy night with the Dream Team so Saturday running was binned. Replaced by some gentle retail therapy with my Maw and Aunite, swiftly followed by a couple of Baillies for medicinal purposes.


My little girl wanted her wee cousin to sleep over so the morning of my first anti-versary I wakened up to this wee face.


I decided that as it was such a strange day I would take the dog for a run. As I had the kids it had to be something that included them. So off to the local park which has a mile loop around the perimeter. A whole 3.5 miles later I had to jack it in!! The dog kept running off to play with the kids or random folk with prams taking up the whole track. It wasn't to be, but at least I tried. The rest of the day was some more strangeness. I spent the evening downloading videos from my phone. Its amazing what you find on there.

My daughter is a feisty wee 11 year old. She was the little blond girl dishing out the baked potatoes and coffee at Auchtertyre (whw checkpoint) this year. Feisty and gobby but not very confident. So I have come up with a plan. We have a deal that we need to do something that scares us whenever we can. So when we were up in Aviemore a few weeks ago we gave it a good go.





Crazy girl. She makes me laugh


This is the Landmark Centre at Carrbridge. We were here last year at Easter. She and her brother made it to the top but were not very happy about it. Different kettle of fish this time!!

Just a quick update about my Da. He is going in tomorrow and his op is on Thursday. We are all going around like headless chooks right now. If you pray: pray hard. If you meditate: send positive thoughts our way. If you don't do any of that keep us in your thoughts, it gives me/us strength.

PS, did you see that wee skinny Eton guy on LMS? he's got nae chance!!

Mrs Mac xxx

3 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

I reckon the little blonde girl doing the high wire antics would beat the wee skinny Eton guy!

ianbeattie1 said...

Lee, good luck to you and your dad. We're all thinking about you. Ian

Unknown said...

How the hell are you going to do the Fling next year if you can only do 3.5 miles?

Eton boy will win the running event if there is one andthat is it!