Thursday 9 October 2008

All well the ends well.

It's been a while but I'm back.


There's lots been happening in the madness of the Mac household.

I couldn't decide whether to go for multiple posts a la Tomo or all in a oner a la Mike Mason UTMB.

So.... are you sitting comfortably? I would go for a quick pee and get a glass of something before you sit down, this might take a while....


Anyway, RAW: the final chapter. I have a new best friend in the form of one lady race organiser. I must have stated my case with enough gusto that she relented and allowed me to attend the presentation. Either that she was feirt if she didn't I would continue to stalk her and she would need to take out a restraining order. Made it just in time for Pirate Boy to receive a medal and certificate and no mention of a 30 mile marker. All runners and walkers received their awards not from the "wummin wi chains roon her neck" but a bloke this time. I wonder if they share the chains or if they have a set each. Do you think the sit at home in the evening and compare chains? mmmmmm I wonder.

The following day a trip to Sunny Prestwick was in order to return some DVD or other to DQ's maw, lovely lady, very hospitable giving up her house like that to a bunch of random vagabonds.

Rather windy affair but beautiful none the less. There is something about the sea when it's crashing against the pier walls and spraying water everywhere.



September weekend : galavanting off to Aviemore wi the weans +1 -2 for a nice jolly. Not the best start when my Da landed up in the hospital the day before we left. Weather was changeable but gorg at night time, how flamming big is the sky. Orion was in top form.

No running, apart from a wee jog into town, but lots of walking. The dog loved it. Sitting on a rock looking across to Cairngorm bathed in sunshine divine.




Good running on the Monday and Wed sessions, good banter wi the girls, talking utter rubbish as usual!!


Its October, how the hell did that happen. I was only WHW weekend a couple of weeks ago.....

So its off to rural Perthshire. Me and my mate Scanners for an outward bound weekend with 11 of our staff. OMG 2 girls, an old guy and 8 testosterone fuelled 18-21 year old boys (and they ARE boys regardless of what they think!!) An afternoon of team building exercises saw Scanners and I become the butt of many a practical joke. Great dinner and a DVD. Pleads of please can we go to the pub, its only a mile away fell on deaf ears. Scanners told me to beat it I'd need to manage for one night without a liquid refreshment. The troops were disappointed in me for not pulling that one off I think!

They seemed to manage fine though. Playing at chases at 2am around the landings did not make them most popular with Scanners or me. We took revenge at 7.45am by playing Clubland classics at full blast!!! sweet revenge. A great morning of mountain biking with a superb guide, everyone had a blast. It was great to hear the guys reaction to being is such beautiful surroundings. If the rest of the Cateran is anywhere near as nice as the section I saw its gonna be a memorable race May 09.






Its been a bit rubbish here too. It's not all good for Mrs Mac.
I have had a few requests for updates on my Da, so here goes.

He came through the first cycle of chemo pretty well. Was feeling ok and was quite upbeat. Fast forward 4 or 5 days and he's got a dose of the trotts and the pukes. Puts it down to chemo. Next day more of the same. My Bro chibs him and gets a drip up and fluids iv. 1st bit of good fortune, if it wasn't for the family business he'd be in trouble. Next day a trip in the works van to Hairmyres Hospital and the start of 9 day spell detained at the pleasure of the NHS. Turns out he has renal failure as a result of chemo and dehydration. If he wasn't sorted by my Bro though, It would have been multi organ failure. Oh joy. Anyway he's been "unlucky" to have a stomach infections which is a bit crap to say the least.

So the here and now is this- his kidneys are not strong enough to cope with more chemo so its straight to surgery. His mantra over the past few weeks is "i just want the monkey off my back". the call came today to say into the GRI on Monday and surgery on Thursday. Good your thinking, not Fast Eddie, it freaks him out. As of tonight is on a proper downer.


If you've read this far you either know me or a bit of a sadist. As Ronan would say life is a roller coaster.... how true that is. There is light at the end of the tunnel, its a bit dark right now but I know its there, Tick Tock.


Thank you all for your concern and words of support.
Mrs Mac x

I proper luv ye's man xoxox

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, it could have been worse, it could have been raining!