Sunday 26 October 2008

A little bit of drizzle....

Good evening from a rather rain lashed, wind swept not so sunny Stratheven.



Well, It seems a few people read the tile of my last post and got a little mixed up. You were supposed to do something that scared YOU!! not for you to scare ME!!


So I get a text last night telling me about the nightmare on the OMM telling me about some WHW family members who are there. Scary stuff. Cut to this morning and I get a text from my Ma asking if I've heard from Rosie Bell, whw'er, strathaven strider, and bloody good friend. She and Tony Thistlewhaite are both doing OMM and I knew nothing about it !!! Holy crap. A frantic frenzy triyng to google OMM, news of OMM etc to no avail.


Sometime later I'm informed that Rosie and Tony are safely back in Strathaven via a hospital in the Lake district and Hairmyres hosp too. Rosie being the skelf of a girl that she is got blown away by the light breeze which was gusting and only saved from being washed away in a torrent by her hero Tony T. Rosie now has a fractured wrist to reminder her of her weekend away to the Lakes. Same time next year guys?







As could be expected my Da' scared me this week. Not for the reason you may think. Mainly due to the fact that following his epic 8 hour surgery to remove the monkey from his back he has looked and indeed been fantastic. A little bit sore, but on top form. It was my Maw and Da's anniversary on Monday and 4 days post op we took the party to him. NA wine, munchies etc, you know the form. All good. A surprise visit from an old friend, Paul Jenkins, a guy my Da' taught Karate to from the age of nine. In he comes and promptly hugs my Da' putting his arm round his shoulders..... eeeeekkkkk DONT TOUCH HIS SHOULDER as my Da' tries to slink under the blankets. He has not to move an inch for the next 6 weeks as the muscles "knit" around what bone is left in his arm. Anyway, not much sympathy from Paul, a big burly bouncer type, more stories of the good ol' days of Karate competitions all over the UK. Good times.


I also got a bit scared this week when my sat nav sent me up a road that was closed, in a city I had never driven in and I had to be somewhere at a particular time. Cut to a one sided telephone call of " where are you", "what can you see", "where are you near" to be met with the reply....."a dunno" All's well that ends well.



I did learn something this week. Think about a question before you ask it. You never know, you might be able to answer it yourself. Or at the very least save yourself a ribbing for the next 6 months....

TTFN, LMx

No comments: