Tuesday 23 September 2008

101 ways to hack off a race organiser

I thought I was finished with RAW for the year, but this post has been a couple of weeks in the making.

You might have read my previous post giving my version of events of that weekend early in September. Well the following account details a series of communications between the race organiser and myself.
No names have been changed to protect the innocent, but heads may roll.....
So, Sept 9th Subversive Runner decides to email the race organiser to thank her for putting on the race and to say how enjoyable it was, all good so far. The problems started for me when she was then advised to read his blog and MINE for good measure. Now while I was not critical of the race (far from it) I did refer to said RO as "the lassie wi a folded bit of paper" not the most complimentary, I know. She read the blogs and seemed to take them in the manner intended.
I however felt that as a fellow local authority leisure trust employee I should maybe set the record straight.

This is a shortened version of our communication-

11/9
MM- Wanted to apologise if you were offended by any of my comments, the ultra community are a bit of a warped bunch. We really enjoyed the race. Well done!

RO- Cant speak now.... still too upset !!!!

12/9
MM- If I spread the word of RAW at Perth ultrafest will you forgive me?

RO-Hmmmmmm..... maybe?

15/9
MM- Sorry, didn't make it to Perth, but SR was spreading the word in Ashtead. Which he should be, it was he who got me in your bad books.

RO- You did it all by yourself!! ha ha . Will you be running next year?

17/9
MM- U havin a laugh, Me? Run? don't think so. I would like to come to the presentation though. I think it would be nice to see.

RO- But you're BARRED!!

19/9
MM- GUTTED !!

You will see that RO is a woman of few words. I don't think she likes me very much. But if she is reading this. Please Miss RO, may I come to the presentation? Pretty please.

MMx

No comments: