Sunday 14 September 2008

Metta Bhavna

Being a Marshall or backup requires little or no training. On occasion it requires some time in the boozer to get you up to speed with the drinking capabilities of your charges.

No running is required for the duties requested of me but I do like to try.

I like most find that chucking my runners on and getting out in the fresh air helps to clear my head and stave off the madness which is chasing me. This week a nasty cold has kept me indoors (apart from Monday when Irene W ran the back legs off me) which will explain why I had a wee wobble yesterday. The madness is catching up!

This week I have been gladdened to find that kindness and thoughtfulness can be found in the most unlikely places. My Da is being admitted to hospital tomorrow to start his chemo. He hit out with a cracker yesterday, "my a**e is makin buttons" he said when asked how he was feeling about his impending hospital visit. Anyway the goodness... yesterday he sent me a copy of an email he received from Nagpur in India. A place he visits annually on behalf of the FWBO charity. They held a training session and mass meditation to send him Metta Bhavna (loving kindness) cue rivers of tears...... Mrs Mac was a shambles. Add to this the news that my friends mum in Ireland almost burnt the chapel down with the amount of candles she lit. I am thankful to know there are people out there keeping us in their thoughts regardless of distance in years or miles. TY

So if I cant run, music is my therapy. Usually really loud, heavy drum & guitar music. My Ma & Da have passed on some strange musical tastes to the young impressionable Mrs Mac. I share a favorite song with my Dad. Take a minute, sit quietly and listen to this beautiful song.



And finally, I read some really interesting things this week on the WHW forum. The thread entitled "why do we do it" has given me some joy. I particularly enjoyed DQ response "i don't want to be a fat b*******d" but my favorite has to be Fiona's, its deep but I like it. I think it applies to many things, not just Ultras, " if you have to ask the question you wont understand the answer" luv it!!
Hasta la vista,
LMx


1 comment:

Subversive Runner said...

As posted previously, but can't say it enough, my thoughts are with you and your Dad. xx