Thursday 13 November 2008

Do NOT look under the bed!!!

I'm killing time trying to avoid the inevitable.
The time of year is here where children's rooms need to be cleared of the old years rubbish to make room for what ever rubbish the ask for for Christmas.
I am numbing the pain by treating myself to a SMALL glass of Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cab Sauv.
It is a small glass and I'm not drinking it as if I'm about to die.


The reason for the anesthetic is the fact that I have a 14 and a half year old son and much as I've tried to encourage, (read, bully) him to complete the task on his own he has resisted and I can wait no longer. I had a quick look this morning and after I tripped over his electric guitar, stubbed my toe on the amp and waded my way through a waist deep pile of Kerrang magazines I decided the time had come.....

This must have freaked him out as he has emptied some drawers into a bin bag, but that's as far as he got before disappearing with his mates. I was advised this week to do myself and him a favour and avoid looking under the bed. I'll need to remember that. I have no desire to see what a 14.5 year old stores there. Homework it is not!!


I was also parents night tonight. For the 11 year old daughter. Usual mix of Maths, good. English, good. A little chatty at times but THE look normally puts a stop to it. I nearly ended my self laughing..... I know THAT look, I wear glasses and use it all the time. Tilt the head forward and stare over the top of them... works every time!! Shes off to stay with her Dad tonight, mmmm, maybe I should have tackled her room. No nasties in there, but glitter everywhere. Shes her mothers daughter.


Got some good news tonight. Your friend and mine, the race director managed to secure a job with the aid of my ample knowledge....well maybe not. But it is good news and I am very pleased for him. Well done gaffer.


My Da'. If you read the last post you'll know he went back to hospital yesterday and underwent some tests to check his kidneys before the next round of chemo. The last lot gubbed him good and proper. Resulting in acute kidney failure. Anyway, tests were positive and he is able to receive 1st line chemo, which means the most effective chemo for his type of cancer. More good news is the surgery was pretty good and there is no evidence of cancerous cells in the margins of the tissue. Technical talk, but I'm told its all good! The rubbish bit it that coz they are going in softly softly its gonna take longer, until May 09 at least. My life is going to be ruled by three week cycles from now on.
Luv, Mrs Mac x

2 comments:

Davie said...

Sounds like my son's room - he's only 22! So that means you've got at least 8 more years....... and counting!!
Good news on your dad's treatment. My wife has Hodgkin's disease but it is pretty limited in extent and they are not giving her any treatment, just making sure her blood counts are good with iron etc. Her consultant comes to the Jogscotland group I take, so I can keep in touch away nfrom the day ward which is handy!.

Debs M-C said...

Your son sounds like my husband. Except he's got 20 years more experience.

Think on the postitive though. The fact that he lets you tidy his room suggests he hasn't got anything to hide.

Hope your Dad is keeping well.

Debs x