Wednesday 4 March 2009

The good, the bad & the ugly

I'm in a right miserable mood so this aint gonna be pretty.
Last week I managed to find some running legs. they were just lying around so I gave them a go, pretty good. Made me run the Wednesday night 5 mile time trial faster than I've ever run the distance before EVER. The Monday run had been good too, and not just coz I was blethering the whole way.
This week is a different story; Monday night I was delivering a staff development session at work and didn't get home til 9.45pm, so no running.
Last night my back was a bit icccy and tonight it is gowpin'!!! The bloody shingles has left me with back ache worse than when I was in labour and a shooting pain behind my eye. So much so that my gaffer has banished me and I and now house bound and instructed to recover properly this time before returning to work.
Anyway there has been some other good stuff in Mrs Macs world this week. My Dad had a full body scan the other week as baseline for monitoring his cancer in the long run. It was a pretty scary time as although the tumor was removed completely when his shoulder was taken away there is a potential for "splinter" cells to regrow. Anyhoo, the result was very positive and things are good for the moment.
This made for a party atmosphere as I made my way south with Maw & Paw to watch the Subversive Runner get bashed up..... oh sorry, box in Portsmouth. SR himself has a detailed report, as you'd imagine, so I wont bore you with detail. Suffice to say I got carried away with the vino callapso on the Friday coz I was chauffeur on the Saturday. Whhhoooooops.

So, I'm crabbit, sore, and home alone. I never thought I'd say this but I'm really missing running.

Hasta, Mrs Mac x

2 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

I'm on my way north to cuddle you better. 2 sleeps babe.xxx

Brian Mc said...

I'm sre there are blog rules against that kind of comment Dave. Generates too many images.

;-)

I know what you mean about missing running Lee.