Sunday 22 February 2009

Bloodsucking Brady Bunch on tour

A pretty slack week of running, mainly due to being on my hollibags for 5 days but the dreaded shingles are back for the 3rd time in three months, whats that all about?!? Maybe I AM allergic to the Pirate like DQ suggested. Anyway, I only get a wee rash on my head that makes me look like Harry Potter, but its the back pain that floors me and puts the kibosh on the running.



So, half term with the children and we hop on the 10.15 Ryan air flight to Lahndan. Let me say at this point Stansted is NOT London, in the same way that Prestwick isn't Glasgow. A great flight with the kids, I'm getting used to doing it on my own but having company made the flight go really quickly. J & H were really excited and it was a giggle.

The Subversive Runner was collecting us for long drive home. I had asked for some suggestions for things to do, but the weans had their own ideas (no surprise there).


A trip to Hamleys via Battersea Fire Station and a rainy Trafalgar Square saw us loaded up with teddy bears and sherbet straws. H & I were off to see Sharleen Spiteri at the Hammersmith Apollo so we were set loose on the underground to fend for ourselves. Gig was tremendous, Texas were the first band I ever saw at the Barrowland almost 20 years ago. I had a wee tear in my eye. Music is pretty important to me and the album Melody was the theme tune to my summer last year. Each song seemed to mirror what was going on in my life. Anyway, Melody has been put to bed. The Airborne Toxic Event has replaced Sharleen.
Next day we headed to the Imperial War Museum. It's pretty good having a guide who has a first in History and knows the museum like the back of his hand. My two really enjoyed it.
The followinf day 4 children working in cahoots decide that the Natural History Museum comes a poor second to London Dungeon, so up to London we head to be met by a two hour wait on the street to get in!!! I don't 'do' queueing so while we swithered over what to do my son gets nabbed by a guy dressed as a goul and before he knows it is head is in the guillotine. So bloody funny, Jay Mac took it all in good humor and bagged free passes for a visit to the London Bridge Experience. Billed as the scariest attraction in London. Great day out defo recommend it. There is some videoevidence that I may have landed a job there due to my cackle like laughing. It is not true, it wisney me, I was set up lol.
A successful trip south of the border. Great company, lot of laughs & not too much vino callapso.


So today I fancy a wee trot some where nice. I'd better get myself motivated and move my butt.

Catch ya, Mrs Mac x


Ps. My Da,
As you know my Dads chemo got stopped coz it was knackering his kidneys. This week he had a whole body MRI. He had to have it done twice coz he was fidgeting anyways we need to wait a whole week for results. It's back to feeling mixed up after having a few weeks of near normality. At least we have something to look forward to. My Maw and Da are coming with me to see SR put his dooks up and mince around the squared ring in Portsmouth next weekend. Bring it on. x


Jay Mac gets his head chopped off and a couple of freebies in the process.


Ginger Dan demonstrates the art of pole dancing for the trainees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God what a blast from the past....Texas at the Barras...the first of many fantastic gigs we went to....magic!!