Sunday 8 February 2009

Oh yes , it can be done....

...... running with a hangover, it can be done. My esteemed friend and much better qualified runner, DQ had to ask if it had not been proven to me already. I'm sure your familiar with the event to which he is referring. If not scroll through my old posts til you fine the ones regarding RAW 2008. That wasn't hungover..... that was still drunk. I don't think I'm up to that standard just yet. Anyway, yes It had been proven, I just needed to put it to the test.

I awoke this morning, and it was morning, with a surprisingly clear head. The same couldn't be said for my early morning alarm call provider who I believe was slightly delicate. I had expected a wee bit of fuzziness, but nae, it was tip top. Pretty amazing really since I had been out since 1pm and drank Baileys during the day, red wine with my meal and topped it off with few spiced rums and diet coke (you gotta laugh). Oh, I forgot about the 2 Bacardi Breezers we had on the bus to Hamilton, which yours truly opened with her teeth!!!!
"the dancin" was avoided and in the words of my dear mate Scanners "they'd stab ye as quick as look at ye" and we were in a taxi home the back of 1.

So up this morning bright and breezy to a fair morning. A cup of tea and some toast. Scanners had a date with a body combat class and I was right up for it.
Don't ask me the mileage, I couldn't tell you. I don't own any fancy gadgets to measure it. Don't ask me how long it took coz I didn't check the time. I know I ran farther than the normal route. I know it was quicker, coz my heart was working overtime and my lungs were bursting. But I fair enjoyed it. I did the Specs run........ twice!!! and an extra couple of loops in Sandford. Good job well done and all that.

I spent the rest of the day chillin in the house. Kids were off doing their thing and I just faffed. Tonight, apart from enjoying a long blether on the phone, I have been watching Green Day 'v' Blink 182 on Kerrang. A top 20 video countdown thing, you know the type. So..... No1 Green Day Basket Case. Very apt for this blog and sums up how I've been feeling this week........enjoy.
Mrs Mac x


No comments: