Saturday 7 February 2009

Nasty cheese burgers

You may have gathered that I am not a very competitive person, but even I can see that following the Race Princesses school of race preparation may scupper my plans for a successful Calley challenge. My training today consists of a 1pm lunch with one of my oldest girlfriends (without alcohol) and a 7pm dinner with one of my newer girlfriends (with alcohol and possibly dancing til the wee hours). This does not constitute effective race preparation in any ones books unless your name is Dave, Martin or Mark!!

Well at least its not as bad as wandering round the camping show at the SECC which would see me buying even more stuff I don't need for my camping box and eating nasty cheese burgers. On the subject of camping I was hoping to get under canvas sometime in March, but trying to fit in a 4 on 4 off shift pattern with a standard work week and a charity dance is making it tough. Anyone got any cool places to visit? The current list includes places such as Arran, Eigg, The Lakes, Chesil Beach....

This time next week I will have arrived in Lahdan with my kids for a few days of tourist activity. They have been getting more and more excited in the last couple of weeks. So, things to do in London, unusual ideas please. My wee lassie and I are off to see Sharleen Spiteri next Sunday thanks to a very generous gift ;-)

So, tomorrow I need to run...... and run well. I have been spoiled though, last weeks run on the WHW was such a treat. Im tempted to go back. It just wont be the same.

TTFN, Mrs Mac xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

After spending New Year on South Uist, I would suggest that you may want give it a thought.

Enjoy your run.

ianbeattie1 said...

When I took my youngest son to Lahndan a few years ago we did things like go to the aquarium, do a tour of HMS Belfast, climb the Monument, go upstairs on a London bus, and go to see Mamma Mia. It was all great fun. However I'm sure your personal tour guide will have better ideas and will keep you right :) Take care and hopefully catch up soon Ian

Davie Bell said...

Glen Etive by the river on a hot summers weekend ye canny beat it!

Happy Camping

Lee Maclean said...

Aye Davie, very good! Its March I'm talking about man. Bbbbrrrrr

Davie Bell said...

Well go there in March look upon it as character building :-)either that it could put you off camping for life.