Tuesday 3 February 2009

Two 21st's and an 18th

There has been a lot of talk quite recently on the WHWR forum regarding virgin status. Race virgin of course. Not any other type you understand........ anyway I'm blethering on and I haven't even got to the point yet. So, virgin, I would class myself as one. Not in the way that Dario has classified them, no. I am a true WHW virgin, never set foot on it, well apart from at my checkpoint, never mind run on the blasted thing!! Well people I have some news....... I am a virgin no more yipeeeeee. I said in my last post I'd need to get a shift on with kick starting the old Calley Challenge training.

So our wayward London fireman was making a flying visit and before I know it I'm speeding out of Glasgow airports short stay car park and heading for the A82. My suggestion was a nice wee lunch in the Drovers and somehow that morphed into "we could have a wee run first, oh and how about some shadow boxing at the half way point" how on earth did I get my self into this???

Anyhoo, It was terrific. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Weather was mild although it was wet and quite boggy underfoot in places. Was it worth an hour and a half's drive for a few miles on the Way...... you betchya. I will gladly repeat the journey.





Its been a busy January for Mrs Mac. I was visiting the concrete jungle last week. My visit to Lahndan coincided with the 3rd BWB boxing event at the Clapham Grand. Ooooohhhh what a night. Now, I know NOTHING about boxing, but even I can appreciate the bout between Ed Haines and Justin Hudson. Class act, excellent display of craftsmanship. Looking forward to a possible rematch in May.


On my return from the boxing I had a party to prepare for. My Aunty Joan had two 21st and an 18th..... (I promised i wouldn't divulge her age). Great wee night, nothing wild, but a wee sing song was had. Cue my Da'.




I hear its been snowing somewhat in the land over the Scottish border. QB was telling me tonight that there is a foot and a half of the white stuff. Well I think he has been taking the Darth Vader thing a bit too far. Coz there is hee haw snow in Strathaven!!


Ok troops. I've finished blethering. Time for an early night.

Mrs Mac x

1 comment:

Subversive Runner said...

Hmm...hee haw snow in Strathaven. Plenty snow in Luton but that didn't excuse them losing my car keys the gits!!!