Thursday 8 April 2010

Belated Birthday Blog

Well it was supposed to be a blog about all the cool things I got up to for my birthday. Like camping in the Lowlands, doing a cracking long run with what's-his-name, having a slap up meal and getting properly smashed on some hideously expensive wine.

But it's no!!

Good Friday
Well, winter decided it wasn't finished with us just yet and ended any notion of a night under canvas.

Saturday
Then spring popped up a day too late, although we did have ice-cream on Prestwick beach while waiting for the Pirates plane to land.

So the Welshes all assembled at my bro's gaff and settled in front of the wide screen to watch the Hayemaker fight. The Pirate cracks on he knows a bit about pugilism but I'm not sure. He reckoned it was gonna crap fight......oh no it wisney!! It was a belter in the truest sense of the word.

Easter Sunday
The day dawns on my 37th birthday and crazy as it may sound when asked what I'd like to do, I still fancied a nice long slow run on the Clyde Walk Way through the Clyde Valley. Bloody winter was back again!! Pirate took one look out the curtains and proclaimed 'f*ck that'.

We made our way to my fave sea food gaff, Peter's for lunch. The rest is history.... I had a gorgeous meal, so did the wean. The Pirate on the other hand ate raw oysters and made himself proper ill.
I spent the rest of my birthday nursing him, poor lamb.
*Just for the record, he's a rubbish patient and wont be looked after.*

Easter Monday
Managed a nice run up to Aberfoyle on Easter Monday......it rained. We had a good giggle at the sheepdog show. A sheepdog herding ducks is a sight to behold.

And so it seems the wheels haven't fallen off completely, merely slackened a little and causing a wobble. My last post was a bit negative coz I had a crap run with the Striders last week. I've since checked the distance and the time wasn't anywhere near as bad I first thought, pretty good for me to be fair. Took me a whole week to find that out!

Hence I've been toying with the thought of saving my birthday money and giving in to one of those Garmin thingamabobs, but tonight's wee jaunt out confirmed I really need to invest in a pair of off road shoes. My shiny Brooks are getting trashed.

I think I may have wangled a run on the WHW at the weekend but I wont get my hopes up just yet :-)

2 comments:

allybea said...

At least your birthday was memorable!

Men are rubbish patients. All symptoms, major and minor are exaggerated so you can't tell when they're really at death's door or just needing sympathy.

Ali x

Debs M-C said...

Men are indeed rubbish patients. But, I'm the WORST nurse ever! I've just no time for it. I'm off the pull-yourself-together school of nursing x