Tuesday 16 March 2010

Fake Bake And A Couple Of Tinnies

My printer is working overtime at the moment as it reams off all the available information for this weekends Hardmoors 55 trip.

Jon Steele runs a tight ship and as promised the event is being organised as a military operation. I’m a wee bit worried coz my military career is limited to a year in the air cadets when I was 13. Blue wasn’t my colour.

The poor Pirate is deflated not one but twice. His gammy ankle has prevented his participation on the run as a competitor and has been allocated some hefty checkpoint duties instead. Imagine his delight at hearing his main duty was adjacent to a public house. Imagine his subsequent horror at hearing the route has changed and he’s now posted on a disused railway line. I’m sure he’ll survive, although someone better drop by with a bottle of fake tan. He has taken to using it on his hair; you think I’m kidding ;-)

The HM55 looks like a cracking event, quite tough and a real challenge. I think it’s time I set my sights on some goals. Although some of the hair brained challenges I’ve heard about this week are a little beyond me, me thinks.

Mrs Wilson, Striders matriarch and WHWR veteran is just two runs short of her hundredth marathon. This feat will finally be achieved when she completes the Edinburgh marathon in May.

Craig Hamilton, former Striders president completed a double iron man last year, and to give himself a rest but still set a goal he decided to run everyday this year!! And I thought the Marcothoners were mad.

But to top it all, Tom Wilson, husband of above mentioned Mrs Wilson also ran everyday for a year and the next and some of the next. 1000 days of running back to back!!

You’re all mad, loop the loop. How did I ever get involved with you?

Now where is my knitting?

1 comment:

Brian Mc said...

Are you knitting dear Dave a nice woolly jumper with beer can holder pockets for his CP marshalling duties?