Wednesday 3 March 2010

It's A Small World

Monday was supposed to be just a wee gentle jog round the town, given that I had by my own admission ‘over indulged’ a little on the weekend.

Seeing my gaffer confirmed this to me.

Walking in to the office on Monday morning I was met by ‘I hear you can fairly put it away’. Now I’m not sure if that’s the Scottish vernacular; but generally it means I could give Oliver Reed a run for his money.

Anyway, my run. I headed out with a wee group and partnered a girl who is quite new to the club.

You know how you end up blethering and your pace just runs away with it’s self. Running the hills and allsorts I was.

We did the usual bit about what do you do, where do you work blah blah blah.

Turns out she’s Old Bill, CID none the less.

'Oh I met some of your colleagues on Friday' says I.

'Where was that?' She replied.

'The wee pub in Hamilton.' I continue.

'I was there too!' She exclamied.

Uh oh, I think I used the term diddies in my last post.

Better not let her see it then.

Lucky for me she had gone home before we arrived.

She agreed they are indeed Diddies.

It sure is a small world.

2 comments:

Davie said...

Name Names!

Lee Maclean said...

I didn't even name the pub BDTP ;-)