Thursday 17 September 2009

Don't Mock The Afflicted

Its true, I knew it would happen eventually. DQ said there was no escaping it. It’s catching.
I have a gay knee!!

I dropped my other half off at Prestwick airport last night and rather than go home to an empty house I decided a run on the beach was the order of the day. We arrived in plenty of time, as it was possible there may be some bag searching to be done. And done it was. The Pirate has highlighted himself to Glasgow’s finest boys in blue by attempting to bring ammo north of the border on his journey here. Discussions regarding the nature of his business and whether he was in the army were had. He must have satisfied the duty polis that he was as much a threat to national security as I am to Lucy’s WHWR record.

It had been such a lovely late summers day and developed in a perfect evening for running. The beach was quiet, very few people around and even fewer dogs to get in my way. Now I’m a dog lover, don’t get me wrong. But when Rover decides to smash full pelt into your legs as you’re casually bumbling along it can get messy.
My third run in five days, uh oh I’m in danger of becoming a serial runner here, may be even accused of doing some training. I ran with the Pirate for a bit on RAW at the weekend, and then my Maw and I had a trot round the town on Monday. I noticed my knee was a bit stingy after my last effort, but was none too worried about it. As I skiddled about on the beach it became a bit of a nuisance. Pain was alleviated by running with my foot turned in, or out or by running backwards. As they say in these parts I must have looked like a right ‘warrmer’. Glad it was getting dark.
I watched the Pirates plane take off and headed home.

In other news my first-born son and heir and all round lanky big dreip has announced that he is joining the army. WTF!!! Where did that come from? Well I have an idea. The Lanky one is not known for his enthusiasm for school and I have been on his case to pull his finger out and get some bloody work done. This was met by a derisory grunt, mump and moan. He reckons I’ll stomp about and give him allsorts. Well no, I’ve called his bluff and told him I’ll support him as long as he works hard at school.
What Mother would be happy to see her son willingly sign up to being sent off to some god-forsaken country to offer himself up as cannon fodder in a war that he knows nothing about? Next stop Hamilton Army careers office. If he’s serious he needs all the facts and gory details. I asked him tonight how he’ll cope with being shouted at and ordered to clean up after himself – they don’t do that in basic training Mum, was his reply. So naive, so much to learn.

On a brighter note. I had a bit of a laugh today. Joe Calzaghe, built like a brick shit hoose boxing extraordinaire and all round handsome dude is taking part in this seasons dancing strictly with a broom up yer arse and glitter in yer hair show. Imagine hearing on the news this morning that he might miss the first show coz he’s fractured an eyelash or summit. This man is Britain’s only undefeated world champion boxer and he gets laid on his arse with a bit of sequence dancing, pure quality!!

Adios

Mrs Mac x

1 comment:

Subversive Runner said...

Don't do shouting in Basic Training?!!!!!!! HA, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha......ha, ha, ha, ha!! Young Jamie has a shock coming 'cos the first words directed to me in 1986 when I got off the train at Darlington Station and climbed aboard the Four-Tonner were shouted. And every day following. Plus some jail time for a triviality, plus having all my kit heaved out the window for a smudge on my boot, plus having to pay to retrieve all of my 'stolen' kit when I forgot to lock my locker, plus...plus...plus.xx