Wednesday 2 September 2009

Maximuscle Overdose

I know I know it sounds a bit dramatic given that tonight was only my second run in about two weeks.
I did what I said I’d do. I knew if I said it publicly then some one somewhere would pull me up on it. Debs MC, you the man!!

Monday night I forced my self out the door. That was after forcing my self into my running breichs. I know they have Lycra, but there is only SO much give. Months of living it up Pirate style without the metabolism of a Pirate has taken its toll. I’m back on the light weight Gin and diet lemonade or big girls blouse pink wine at a measly 9.5%.

Once I’d exited the warm cosy house I was met by failing light and dreich drizzly rain. Now I don’t mind running in it, I just hate starting in it. Hey ho, I was out there having a go at that putting-one-foot-in-front-of-another-at-speed thing. Not so much at speed, maybe slightly faster than snails pace. I was trotting along feeling my head clear as I did. I noticed the light was failing really fast now and the route I was on had no street lighting. Not too much of a hassle as I had on the brightest shiniest hi vis I could find. It was proper dark now and the rain was getting progressively heavier. Bullocks were making the strangest mooing noises in the fields as I past. It was then I decided maybe it wasn’t the best idea to run on a country lane in the dark on my own without a mobile. I was starting to have one of those crazy conversations with myself about how there are no murderers in Strathaven, I would be FINE. As I neared the top of the hill approaching Sandford I scared myself witless. Arrrghghg WTF who’s that scary girl staring at me??? I proper crapped it. I don’t know why I didn’t turn on my heels and head for the hills. I kept going, straight towards her, don’t ask, I don’t know why I make myself do these things. She looked like a pretty wee thing but there is something spooky about her face, I’m drawn to her. As I close in I realise my mistake. It aint a creepy Sandford wean, it’s an advert on the side of a phone box, what a tit!! I don’t know what surprised me more; realising what a div I am or that you still get phone boxes in remote parts of South Lanarkshire.

Anyway undeterred I ventured out again this evening. I’m not going mad, again. I’ve picked up on something on Tomo's blog. A programme a mate of his gave him. Summit about 3 short runs a week more that 1 mile less that 3 and a long one more than 6 less than 10. I think it might just be do-able for me. I want to entice my mojo back. Not scare the bloody thing off. It was raining again, it was darker than Monday, but I did it. It’s not big, it’s not pretty. But I’m trying.

I met Mrs Wilson on her was back in with a new member of the club, the rest of the troops hot on her heels. Had a quick blether. Delighted to hear that she and Rosie Bell have entries accepted for RAW. A cracking girls day out is planned.

BTW I really did OD on Maximuscle. First time I tried it, yuck. The Pirate gave me it once when we ran round Richmond Park. I am now the proud owner of my very own tub of the stuff with matching bottle. Given to me by my mate Wole in return for teaching him a new buzzword. So I feel the need to use the stuff. Any way the other day I made it up according to the instructions on the tub. Double yuck!! I force it down, but it’s bloody awful. Later that night I’m feeling a bit sick. Did the same tonight, but read the side of the bottle first. It has different dosage amounts on there. HALF of what’s on the tub. Can you imagine it? Death by Maximuscle. You couldne write it.

Hasta
Mrs Mac x

5 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

Been thinking about the Maximuscle...the mixture amounts differ depending on whether its for use prior to, or during training. Read the tub closely. For use during training it's weaker and less potent. Why you scared of that little girl, anyway? You're a Jap Slapping black belt!!!xxx

John Kynaston said...

Well done Mrs Mac! Keep it going and you'll soon reap the benefit.

Tomo's training plan looks a good one to me. A gradual build up is the most sensible.

I look forward to reading how it continues so no slacking!

JK

Debs M-C said...

A phonebox? How retro :-)

I've always been intrigued by that Maximuscle stuff. I'll need to look into it.

xx

allybea said...

No3 son once asked me what a phonebox was for!

Lol at the no murderers in Strathaven. That's what I tell myself when I'm running in Crieff. And I always run with Lucydog thinking she'll protect me. Aye, after she's licked the axe wielding maniac and rolled over for him!

Ali x

Keith Hughes said...

Nice one T.L Lee... Keep at it, you will now have a family on your back if you don't !! Cheers CB x